Saturday, October 19, 2019

Colors Around Town

When we returned from Japan last Friday, the difference in latitude really hit home. I first noticed the cold, then the short days and long nights. Guess I shouldn't have been surprised since Tokyo is on latitude 35.67, about midway between San Francisco and Los Angeles. Edmonds is on latitude 47.81, or 838 miles farther north than Tokyo.

With the dark and cold days here in Edmonds, I thought I'd walk around town and see what color I could find. Pleasantly surprised to find quite a few bright spots, I took too many photos and decided to share some with you. I'll test my blogging platform and see if they will publish all of them. If you don't like fall colors and flowers, better tune out now. ;-)

There were small trees and tall trees, green trees and multi-hued trees and even a cedar (family) tree with cones.













Many houses had nice flowers in their yards.

Some flowers were continuing to bloom even after their plant set seed pods.


I saw chrysanthemums and roses.

Roses with hips soon ready to make tea.

This hydrangea looked a little tired.


There were dahlias in a few yards.

Saw a couple of hardy fuchsias.



This lonely camellia bloom is a little out of season.

Prime dahlia specimens.

California poppies decorating our Washington grounds.


This eager Azalea seems to be anticipating its normal season by a few months.




Snapdragon begging to have a photo taken.


No comments:

Post a Comment