Sunday, April 15, 2018

Spring Fever

Around this time of year my thoughts turn to gardens and plants. I feel a need to dig into the dirt and plant something.

This year is no different. Three or four weeks ago we bought some pots. We added one more last week. Today I decided it was time to plant something.

Ikuko and I went to the nursery and got a couple plants and some potting soil. We also got some drainage rocks and soil fabric.

Back at the condo I broke out my little shovel and started work.
Yard work at the condo
There is a nice breezeway running down the middle of the condo buildings. We catch some afternoon sun in our yard. Some of the people aren't so lucky, depending on where they are.

 Some nice condo gardens

This striking camelia is sheltered from the rain so the blooms don't rust

This maple graces our entryway
Tired out by the strenuous work I cleaned up my yard, washed my hands and took a nap.  Gardening is tiring work.
Finished for now, I'm waiting to pick up some plants from my gardening expert sister,  Darla, before planting the last pot. 






1 comment: