Tuesday, January 24, 2017

A cold Fog in Magnolia

Tonight it was 38 degrees outside when my little dog, Kuro, and I left for our walk. Earlier in the day there had been a breeze from the ENE but tonight it had died down to a gentle zephyr off the sound from the west. As we headed out, our street was clear but when we topped the hill to our west the cold fog began to roll in.
Fog reduces the colors that normally are shown by our LED street lights. 

The night air was tasty with plenty of moisture dripping off my mustache and occasionally I tasted a little salt from the the bay, not far below.
The warm glow of the tungsten filaments in the house lights was welcoming compared to the cold of the LED lights. 
Whoever owns this house and flagpole properly displays a flag lit from below, even in the fog. I see he's also a Seahawks fan.

Kuro was all in favor of a longer walk in the fog. He doesn't mind the cold when he's walking. I was warm enough until we came to the cross streets when the gentle wind wrapped the fog around my ears and stuck its cold damp fingers down the neck of my jacket.

Even though I wore my reflective vest I was a little worried about distracted drivers not being able to see us in the fog so we headed back home. 

It was a different kind of walk. Quieter with different lighting and the taste of salt water fog to sample now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment