Saturday, September 11, 2021

Argostoli 9/9/21

 We sailed on smooth seas most of the night and tied up at Argostoli at 0600. The skies were clear and there was s light breeze from the NE. All was not calm however, as I could see at the top of a switchback road some wind generators working hard in the wind that came over the ridge. I counted 14 turbines, all whirling away in the wind.

After breakfast I worked on this blog for awhile. Had to catch up after the two days of down time. Later, we decided to walk off the pier and check out the town. As we walked up toward the beach, I noted some dark clouds off to the north. 

Keeping an eye on those clouds as we walked toward town I noticed a curtain of rain not far north of us. We decided we could do without a walk into town, made a U-turn, and headed back to the ship. We felt a few light drops of rain just as we approached the gangway. Strangely, the rain never materialized in the town, but fell just to the north with a few drops in the pier area. Before long the skies cleared.

Since we had decided to stay aboard, we had lattes in the coffee bar in the Crow's Nest then broke out the cribbage board and played crib for awhile. This is the second time I've used my selfie stick. 

Before dinner today, Zam, our dining room steward, made a bird using napkins.

After dinner, I worked on the blog some more, set our clocks back an hour and hit the hay. Before I went to sleep, I noted that the sea was so calm on the west side of Greece that it was hard to tell we were moving.

1 comment: