Monday, May 28, 2018

Dingbouche to Loubouche

Monday, May 28th.

Departed 0740.

Snowed during the night. I Got up for a bathroom visit at 0200. Clear skies, bright moon and shiny fields overpowered most of the stars.

This morning the clouds parted and I got this shot out of our open bedroom window.
 leaving our teahouse, Ramesh led us straight up the nearby hillside. I think we followed a goat track until we got on top and found the main trail. We gained 850 feet in an hour. A strenuous start on the day. Looking back down on the village we could see the fields and buildings outlined with snow.

Stopped at Thugla, 4,620 m (16,320 ft) for tea and biscuits.

There are lots of trekkers and pack trains on this part of the trail. I saw some organized groups of 16 trekkers plus guide and porters.  I'm glad we have a small group.

Arrived at our destination at 1300 and 17,170 feet.

When we checked into our room the temperature in the room was 42° F.

1 comment: