Saturday, May 5, 2018

Random Thoughts

Several people have asked if it's okay to send my blog link to others. Absolutely, it's a public blog, anyone can read it if they have the link or if they search for it.
The link is: hrodenbergersblog.blogspot.com

I forgot to mention yesterday that my altimeter showed that Emirates pressurizes the cabin, at least of that flight, at around 6,600 feet.  As I recall most flights are pressurized at 10,000 ft so the higher pressure at 6,600 feet is quite a bit more comfortable.

 When we landed last night I noticed the air looked a little thick. This morning when I looked out my hotel window, it is thick.  Don't know if this is an exception to the rule, or if they have an air pollution problem here.

 We stayed in a hotel-type Howard Johnson's last night, courtesy of the airline. It's a pretty nice room. What we would call a suite in the States. I'd include a photo or two but I'm a little gun-shy about leaving this draft to do anything else on my phone. You'll just have to imagine the sitting room with overstuffed furniture, dining area with table and four chairs, windows with heavy drapes on two sides and a nice desk with hot water maker and the usual instant drinks and condiments.

 From what I saw when landing and driving through the city to the hotel, Dubai impressive me as a very modern city.




No comments:

Post a Comment